Ensure Google Chrome (or Firefox) is your default browser during the assessment. Where possible, test access to any software in advance.
Ensure maximum internet bandwidth during preparation and live meeting activities, e.g. minimise unnecessary streaming in your household/office.
Check your audio / video quality at the start of each live meeting. Note, if you experience a camera and / or microphone problem, you can still use the other live meeting capabilities, e.g. Chat, whiteboard, etc. You can also test your device on one of the links below. Choose the link which best represents your location:
Be prepared to manage your own time. Follow your calendar (and/or any individual schedule provided) to ensure that you enter and exit all activities at the correct time.
Preparation activities are timed and can only be accessed once.
Look after yourself. Virtual assessments can feel particularly exhausting, so use your breaks effectively and step away from the screen.
Use this link to try out your access to SHL’s Virtual Assessment Centre platform.
If you have any questions, please get in touch with your local Technical Support team by using the Contact Us widget on the right side of this page.
- A Personal Computer / Laptop.
- A Webcam connected with the System (Not required in case of Laptop with functional in-built Webcam)
- Headphones with microphone
- Smooth and uninterrupted Internet connectivity; Download and Upload Speed of min 1 Mbps (throughout the testing session, which will last for approximately 20 minutes)
Please ensure that there is no infinite loop in your code as this may lead to error while compiling the code. Also, for each question there are few visible as well as hidden (edge test cases) test cases. We ask you to review your code and question once and compile again after modifying your code.
If you still feel that there is an issue or have additional questions then then please contact us by using the Contact Form widget on the right side of this page. Please share your complete query along with your test URL , Amcat ID and registered email ID We will get this checked with the concerned team and will get back to you.
2. If you're getting an error even after writing correct code:
For each question there are few visible as well as hidden (edge test cases) test cases. We ask you to please review your code and question once and compile your code after modifying code.If you still feel that there is an issue or have additional questions then then please contact us by using the Contact Form widget on the right side of this page. Please share your complete query along with your test URL , Amcat ID and registered email ID. We will get this checked with the concerned team and will get back to you.
For each question there are few visible as well as hidden (edge test cases) test cases. There might be a possibility that IDE which you are using is unable to detect edge test cases due to which you are getting no error on local IDE but on our platform you are getting error while compiling code. We ask you to please review the problem carefully and modify your code accordingly.
4. If you're trying to execute your own test cases or try to print something on platform which is not required for the problem in the test:
You will be unable to test your own test cases on platform. We ask you to kindly write code as a solution to the problem statement only.
Pre-defined functions from the standard libraries can be used in the coding assessment. However, we recommend you to not to use a particular function or library than that what is mentioned in the instructions or the usage of library will be blocked by the platform i.e. if you try to access such a library the compiler will produce an error.
6. If you're trying to print your own Input (For example if you are trying to print Hello, hello world , Hi etc):
You are not allowed to take input explicitly in the code. In the test, you are not required to take input, as the data to be worked is passed to the function.
7. If you're trying to Test your own test Cases:
You will be unable to test your own test cases on platform. We ask you to only write code as a solution to the problem statement.
8. I have modified the code or language after compiling the code,will my previous compiled code be considered or not?
We would like to inform you that only your latest response will be considered as all the previous responses will get deleted after once you modify the language or code.
- To ensure your webcam is working fine please click on
- To ensure your microphone is working fine please click on
- Make sure you close any other application using your camera/ microphone before you start the interview.
- You can check your browser site settings and ensure that the microphone and webcam is allowed to access the Smart Interview Live’s URL.
- If you are still not able to connect, you should go to your system settings – click on ‘sounds’ for microphone settings and ‘camera’ for webcam settings. Use the troubleshooting options listed.
- You will be re-directed to this page once you click on the interview link, please enable the microphone and webcam icon at the bottom left of your Smart Interview Live screen.
Browser Level Check
- If the issue persists, please click on Site Information and see if access has been given to Smart Interview Live to use Webcam and Microphone, if not please click on drop-down and change permissions from ‘Block’ to ‘Allow’.
- Then click on the video icon (marked in yellow) in the URL and check if your microphone and webcam is listed and has been allowed to access Smart Interview Live.
- You can also check by going into Site Settings of the platform as shown below and please check if you have given site permission to access webcam and microphone.
- Please go to your system settings
- Click on System. Click on Sound and see if your microphone is listed and working properly, else you can click on troubleshoot and take system’s guidance to resolve the issue.
- For Webcam, go to your system’s webcam settings and see if webcam is listed. Make sure that it has been enabled and permission is given to all the sites to use webcam.